- Amended May 20, 2005
- Amended Oct 30, 2013
- Amended May 27, 2015
We/I (the registrant, the applicant and their successor, either an institute or an individual, as the case may be, hereinafter the "Registrant") have submitted to Taiwan Network Information Center ("TWNIC") or its authorized registration service institute ("Registrar") an application to register the domain name(s) as specified in the application form in connection to this Agreement as our/my domain name(s) and hereby recognize and agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. When applying to register the registration of a domain name, the Registrant shall fulfill all qualification requirements as published by TWNIC, represent particulars listed below and warrant the truthfulness thereof; the Registrant shall bear sole liability if any information provided by the Registrant is erroneous, false, or infringes any right or interest of a third party:
(1)The content of all information stated on the domain name registration application form is true, complete, and accurate.
(2) To the Registrant's knowledge, the domain name for which the Registrant applies for registration does not infringe any right or interest of a third party.
(3) The Registrant is not applying for registration of, and will not use, the domain name out of any improper purpose or in knowing violation of any laws or regulations.
When renewing or being assigned a domain name registration, or when changing any registration particle thereof, the Registrant shall agree to obey to all provisions in the most updated version of this Domain Name Registration Agreement and shall warrant that the Registrant has complied with all requirements provided in the preceding Section 1.
TWNIC shall have the right to cancel the domain name registration in accordance with Article 9 hereof in the event the Registrant breaches any provision in the preceding two Sections.
2. TWNIC shall have the right, based on international Internet community practice and in consideration of public interests such as protection of consumers, protection of intellectual property rights, enforcement of laws, to establish a WHOIS online query interface to provide to the public the information (domain name, name, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, of Registrant, date of application, expiry date, DNS setup information), either in Chinese or in English, as provided by the Registrant. To protect the privacy of the Registrant, TWNIC may appoint several items of information provided by Registrant, depending on whether or not the Registrant is an individual, such that the items are subject to public query upon the consent of the Registrant.
3. TWNIC and the Registrar shall bear no liability and the Registrant shall claim no damage brought to the Registrant by TWNIC or the Registrar's failing to notify the Registrant in a timely manner of any relevant information due to any information provided by the Registrant under Article 2 hereof to be erroneous, false or outdated.
4. Apart from providing the Chinese/English information referred to in Article 2 hereof to the public through entry-specific online query, TWNIC shall protect the information provided by the Registrant in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law, and will not subject it to third party's use, unless otherwise provided by law, pursuant to a court order, or to a written request by a relevant competent authority made under the law.
5. The Registrant hereby agree that when it is necessary in TWNIC's services in the administration of domain name registrations or otherwise required by law, regulation, or a government policy, TWNIC shall have the right to use the information provided by the Registrant and stored in the WHOIS database in various noncommercial domain name experiment projects and Internet-related research projects conducted by TWNIC or under the authorization of TWNIC.
6. Unless otherwise provided in the preceding Articles, TWNIC shall comply with all requirements specified in the Personal Information Protection Law in its collection, process and utilization of personal information of the Registrant and his/her contact person. (TWNIC Personal Information Collection Statements)
7. The Registrant shall ensure the completeness and safety of the information security systems in its application and use of the Domain Name. TWNIC shall have the right to suspend or otherwise take necessary actions against a registered Domain Name upon competent authority's order, if third parties' rights and interests tend to be influenced or if the operation of the Internet tends to be damaged due to reasons attributable to the Registrant.
8. All disputes between the Registrant and a third party arising from the domain name registered by the Registrant shall be processed in accordance with the “Taiwan Network Information Center -Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy” and the “Rules for the Taiwan Network Information Center Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy”.
9. In the event that the Registrant is found to be in breach of any qualification requirement published by TWNIC, TWNIC may notify such Registrant by written or email and set a period of fifteen (15) days following the service of such notice to provide related supporting materials and a written brief explaining why no such breach exists, or to correct such breach. If the Registrant fails to correct by the deadline or the breach is not correctable, TWNIC may cancel the domain name registration.
Unless otherwise provided in this Domain Name Registration Agreement, in the event of any breach of this Agreement or the “Guidelines for Administration of Domain Name Registrations” of TWNIC or related rules or regulations, TWNIC may give the Registrant a written or by e-mailed notice by setting a deadline of thirty (30) days following the receipt of the notice, to explain in writing cause(s) of the breach. TWNIC may suspend or cancel, depending on the character of the breach, the domain name registration of the Registrant, or take other reasonable measure, if the Registrant fails to submit acceptable grounds in writing along with necessary evidences or to correct the breach within such deadline.
In the event that the Registrant has breached this Domain Name Registration Agreement for a plurality of times, all based on the same domain name, TWNIC may shorten the deadline of the preceding Section 2 to fifteen (15) days or seven (7) days, for the Registrant to respond in written.
Failure by TWNIC to take prompt measures with respect to a fact of breach by the Registrant shall not be deemed evidence that the Registrant was not in breach.
10. TWNIC reserves the right to amend this Agreement, the “Guidelines for Administration of Domain Name Registrations”, and other related rules and regulations from time to time pursuant to changes in law, regulation, or government policy, and announce the amendments on TWNIC website or notify the Registrant by e-mail. If the Registrant does not accept the amended Agreement, “Guidelines for Administration of Domain Name Registrations”, or other related rules or regulations, it shall notify TWNIC or the Registrar in writing within thirty (30) days to terminate its domain name registration. Failure to do so shall be deemed acceptance by the Registrant of the amended Agreement, “Guidelines for Administration of Domain Name Registrations”, or other related rules and regulations.
11. All matters not provided for herein shall be subject to the related laws of Taiwan, the Republic of China, and the “Guidelines for Administration of Domain Name Registrations” of TWNIC. For matters not provided for by law, reference may be made to the international practices regarding domain name registration administration.
12. This Agreement shall in all respects be construed and applied in accordance with the laws of Taiwan, the Republic of China; any dispute arising with respect to this Agreement shall in first instance be subject to the jurisdiction of the Taipei District Court of Taiwan.
1 In case of any discrepancy between this translation and the original Chinese text, the Chinese text shall govern. Terms in this translation expressed in the singular should be construed as also including the plural, and vice versa.
When a suspect breach of Article 9 of the Domain Name Registration Agreement is reported, TWNIC will process the matter as follows. --Flowchart--